LinkedIn is the most significant networking platform in the world. People register here for jobs, networking, business prospects, newer opportunities, etc. LinkedIn is also a platform for sharing job advertisements, job seekers, the latest trends in respective industries, etc. Millions of people use this platform to search and apply for jobs.
To search and apply for the job, you need to upload your resume. On finding a job, if you want to know how to remove a resume from LinkedIn, read through the following paragraphs to remove the resume.
Process for removal of a resume from LinkedIn
- Open LinkedIn and log into your account
- Click on the ‘ME’ option on the profile menu at the top of the landing page. You need to click for a drop-down and hit ‘view profile.’
- Another way to reach a profile is directly click on the profile image in the left bar
- There you will see a ‘pen’ icon. You need to click on this icon, and the ‘profile edit’ option will open in the pop-up view.
- Here you need to go down on the page and reach the media section. Here you will get the option to upload or delete the resume.
- If you have a resume already on LinkedIn, click on the ‘Edit’ button through the ‘pen’ icon. You will see ‘Delete this media’ in the bottom left corner.
- To conclude click the option ‘delete this media’ and hit on ‘Apply.’ At the end, click on the ‘save changes’ button at the bottom part of the page, and with that, you successfully remove your resume from LinkedIn.
Chronology for understanding how to remove resume from LinkedIn:
Me-view profile-pencil icon on summary section-document-delete this media-apply-save changes
LinkedIn is a dedicated platform for employers, employees, professionals, businesspersons, and artists. People meet and expand their network through this platform. Since 2002 it has expanded widely. LinkedIn has more than sixty-two million accounts only in India. It has emerged as a major platform for employers and employees globally.
If you are a job seeker, you must upload your resume on LinkedIn and know how to remove a resume from LinkedIn. Leading industrialists, hiring managers, recruiters are on the platform. They always look for relevant profiles for their organizations.
LinkedIn has evolved as the most reliable source for getting new employees and future managers. To stay ahead in the curve, always keep your resume and profile updated. Your resume should contain education experience, work experience, certifications, awards, etc.
Though uploading and removing a resume is an option given by the platform, your LinkedIn profile is the first thing a recruiter sees in your account. The recruiter decides to move ahead with you or skip based on how updated your profile is. Keep your LinkedIn updated and maximize chances of selection for the job.