Programming languages are the means of communicating to computers. Future programming languages should make this communication more user friendly and cost effective. Communication with computers can be done using technology such as bluetooth, infrared, electric signals, magnetic signals etc.
Future Programming language should focus on attaining following characteristics:
- Application of natural language grammer
- Languages that are user defined
- Languages that are non-procedural and that can define problem in a more user friendly manner
- Languages that can interact with the user computing enviornment
- Languages that has scope for theoretical development
Programmers can easily communicate with computers if they are able to write code in a natural language such as English or their native language. Ease of communication to computers further increases if programmers are able to define language that fulfill their needs and attain efficiency.
Efficiency of programming language is improved when a programmer is able to write code with minimum information. As the specific details of information decrease, the non-procedural nature of a language increases. By increasing the non-procedural nature of a language we are able to develop user defined language or problem defining lamguages.
In user defined languages or problem defining languages programmers will define the problem and the computer will deliver the solution. Problem defining languages should focus on what rather than on how. Compilers of problem defining languages should be able to choose appropriate algorithms based on the definition of the problem.
Best Programming Language for Future
In future software applications will touch almost every aspect of life. To make software application user-friendly it must be developed using programming languages that provide constructs to generate user-friendly interfaces.
Following are the languages that are projected as the Best Programming Language for Future:
- Supports object-oriented programming concepts.
- It is case-sensitive
- It is platform-independent
- It can handle exception
- Can have function without name
C# is object-oriented, component-oriented programming language. C# feature are as follows:
- Garbage collection manages unused memory.
- Nullable types protect against unallocated objects.
- Lambda expressions improve techniques of functional programming.
- LINQ (Language Integrated Query) provides syntax that can be used to interact with database using natural language such as english.
Java is a secure programming language, it is simple and robust. After compilation of Java code we obtain bytecode. Bytecode of Java is platform independent. Following are the features of Java:
- It supports Functional Programming.
- It supports Multithreading
- It is Platform Independent
C++ is an improved version of C language. It is a general purpose programming language. C++ has been used to develop operating systems, browsers, games, and so on. C++ helps in learning other programming languages such as Java, Python, etc. C++ has following features:
- It is Object Oriented
- It is structured programming language
- It has memory management technique better than C language
Python is a high-level object-oriented programming language. It is also used as a scripting language. Python supports dynamic semantics used to develop app and web development. Python supports interactive interpreters. Python programming supports unit-testing, documentation-generation, image processing etc. Features of Python language are:
- No Compiler required
- Extensible language
- Supports – Data Science, Machine learning, and web development