Engineering involves the design of products and systems using scientific principles and mathematical theorems. In engineering, Scientific principles and mathematical theorems are used to give explanations about how things work and form the basis of scientific discoveries.
Engineering outcomes encourage learners to learn in detail about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students of engineering are called engineers and they study how to evaluate, modify and conduct tests using scientific principles.
Engineering is the study of electronic and mechanical devices. Physics deals with the study of the design, manufacturing, and construction of electronic and mechanical devices. These engineers monitor and inspect electronic devices.
Computer Engineering deals with the manufacturing and design of computer electronic components, building and maintaining computer networks, and manufacturing computer network devices. Computer engineering is also responsible for developing software required to use computer hardware and computer networks.
Use of Physics
Physics deals with the manufacturing of electronic equipment to be used in a wide variety of systems. Physics deals with communication networks and broadcasting signals.
The branch of engineering deals with the electronics of microprocessors, solid-state devices, and communication using analog and digital communication. It also enables engineers to develop integrated circuits to be used in electronic devices. Physics deals with research in the field of satellite communication. This branch of engineering provides a detailed study of concepts and principles required to establish communication between two devices and exchange messages between them by providing a detailed study of antenna and wave propagation.
Physics deals with robotics. Robotics is a field that also involves Computer Science and Engineering. Robots are used to enable humans to do their work easily. Thus robots must understand human commands and these human commands deal with the field of Computer Science.
The signal is the subfield of Physics. Signals can be analog or digital. Analog or Digital signals are used in computer networks. In addition to this Physics deals with the error detection and correction of digital signals.
Communication between two systems is performed using co-axial cables, optical fiber, or free space. Physics provides methods that deal with the concepts and principles used to communicate over coaxial cables, optical cables, and free space. These methods are used in the field of Computer Networks. Establishing a connection between two devices so that they communicate with each other requires the use of established methods and engineering techniques. These methods and techniques use carrier wave and carrier frequency for making transmission and this method is known as modulation. Modulation techniques are the result of intensive research in the field of modulation. Amplitude modulation and frequency modulation are two techniques that are intensively used to make communication between two devices. These techniques are also used in the field of Computer Science.
Modulation and demodulation techniques are developed in the field of Physics but are widely used in the field of Computer Science engineering. Pulse-Code modulation, differential pulse-code modulation, and delta modulation techniques are used in the field of computer networks but founded and developed in the field of Physics.
Computer Science Engineering
Computer science engineering has methods and principles used to develop and manufacture computer systems and their peripheral devices. Computer science engineering has its root in electronic engineering that deals with Physics. Computer science engineers work in the domain of software design so that it works with computer hardware. Computer engineers and Computer Software work in the direction to develop computer hardware such as microcontrollers, microprocessors, and circuit design and its computer software.
Microcontrollers, VLSI chips, analog sensors, circuit boards, microcontrollers are all hardware components; these components are controlled by software and firmware developed by software engineers. Microcontrollers, VLSI chips, analog sensors, circuit boards, and microcontrollers are electronic devices developed in the field of Physics.
Robotic research is the field of electronic and communication engineering but firmware to control robots is developed in the field of Computer Science Engineering.
Computer Science Engineering deals with mathematics, physics, electrical, and electronics. Computer hardware engineers develop computer systems and their peripheral devices such as circuit boards, computer network routers, computer system processors, and computer system devices. Computer hardware engineers also study electronic and communication theory as it is used to develop circuit boards and computer network devices. Softwares that interact with these devices are developed by software engineers.
Computer hardware engineers also develop devices to be used in the field of medical and these devices need to be connected to the internet to establish a connection with other devices and have communication with them. Devices manufactured for the field of medicine Physics is a Sub-field.
In computer science, engineering processors are designed. Processors are electronic devices consisting of arithmetic logic units, pipelines, control units, and have memory components such as registers, clock circuits, and logic gates. Since processors are electronic devices there manufacturing and their working is decided by principles and concepts of electronic and telecommunication engineering.
Multi-antenna systems, optical transmission, and wireless communications are all technologies in the field of computer networks. These technologies are developed by Electronic and Communication Engineers. Communication using these technologies is done by passing messages between communicating devices. These messages are passed over the computer network thus they must be encoded. The encoding mechanism is developed in the field of electronics and telecommunication networks. Error detection and correction used in the message encoding mechanism is also a subfield of Physics.
Computer engineers are working in the domain of Computer Vision and Robotics. Computer Vision and Robotics work on sensing technology. Robots sense the environment and perform their operation accordingly, software that directs Robots are developed in the field of Computer Science and this software is developed for circuits manufactured using the concepts and principles of Physics.
Skills required to become Computer Science Engineering
Following are the skills required to become Computer Science Engineer:
- Teamwork: Teamwork is coordinated group work to complete a task in an effective and efficient way. Teamwork is done to achieve a common goal. To do effective teamwork, team size is important. The size of the Team depends on the context of the work.
- Focusing on details: Focusing on details is required to do innovative research in the field of electronic and communication engineering. By focusing on details accuracy in conducting tasks is achieved. Focusing on minute details helps electronic and communication engineers to enhance productivity. It also reduces the chances of errors.
- Research Skills: Research skills are required to build solutions to problems having scientific and mathematical proofs. Using research skills researchers analyze information and interpret it to build solutions.
- Strong IT skills: IT skills are required to do technical work, development work, and maintenance of developed work. IT skills deal with hardware installment, software development, and troubleshooting of developed software.
- Methodical thinking: Methodical thinking deals with systematic, logical, and strategic thinking. It is required to attain desired objectives within a defined time period. Methodical thinking avoids careless mistakes. Methodical thinking is deliberate and systematic and ordered.
- Time management: Time management is required for planning and organizing activities to throughput. It increases efficiency. Time management is done when activities are prioritized on the basis of planning to attain objectives.
- Interpersonal skills: Interpersonal skills are required to have meaningful communication with people. It is behavioral science having well-defined techniques to have meaningful communication with others.